Linux Server Administration & Maintenance — $150/mo.
Certain software runs best on a server set up and tuned for the software’s needs. Such software does not perform well in typical shared server environments. Most of our clients either have their own servers, or have us manage a server for them in the Cloud such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure. Our server management plan includes monitoring, managing backups, and regular system updates from the operating system vendors.
Supported Operating Systems
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- CPanel RHEL or CentOS
- Server administration includes management of basic servers necessary to support a software stack – Linux, Apache/Nginx, MySQL/MariaDB/Postgresql, PHP — and a selected number of other common applications (SSH, Awstats, Postfix/Exim – outgoing mail server configuration)
- Server administration does include one or two minor system-administration requests, such as creating new user accounts, fixing permissions, creating new sites, and similar.
- Server administration does not include other server administration unrelated to our standard configurations (e.g. we do not include managing an LDAP server, an inbound SMTP server, POP/IMAP servers, or similar).
- We support LTS releases of Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, RedHat, or SuSE/OpenSuse only.
- Major operating system upgrades, for instance going from Ubuntu 14.04 to Ubuntu 16.04, are not included (but may be performed with billable time).
- Compatibility with server control panels like CPanel or Plesk is not guaranteed — often systems cannot be properly maintained without breaking functionality in these programs.